Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cafe Gratitude

After a rather thorough Internet search of raw restaurants in Los Angeles I discovered that I had been to most of them. I began asking around to see if there were any I may have missed and sure enough a friend of mine mentioned Cafe Gratitude, a raw Vegan restaurant in the West Hollywood area of Los Angeles.
The atmosphere was pleasant and everyone appeared very cheerful and happy to be there. We sat in the downstairs area and ordered two raw dishes to split. The first one was named "I am Terrific"and it included pad thai style kelp noodles with veggies, basil, mint and topped with almonds. It was a little too crunchy for me as I was expecting more of a pasta taste, but my friend enjoyed it.
The second dish was named "I am Nourished," a wrap made of live curry bread with with seasonal vegetables, avocado and almond pate. That was by far my favorite raw food item I have tasted thus far. The curry bread was nothing like I've ever tasted before and I can't wait to go back to Cafe Gratitude and get another one!
We finished off our meal with two smoothies to share for dessert. We ordered the "I am Luscious" smoothie (almond milk, dates, figs, vanilla beans, and raw cacao) and the "I am Grace" smoothie (coconut milk, almond butter, dates and vanilla beans.) They were both equally as good.
After finishing our smoothies we asked for the check which came to a total of $50.03. Again, this was rather pricier than most restaurant meals but it was absolutely worth it.

Overall, I was very impressed with the entire experience. The wait staff was extra friendly and attentive and the food and drinks were beyond delicious. I would absolutely recommend Cafe Gratitude to anyone who wishes to follow the healthy raw lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment